A sweet twist on a classic roast chicken recipe using our Chicken Corbyn spice mix. Serve this at your next Christmas dinner!
- Serves 4
- 8 chicken thighs
- 5 pitted dates
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Lukki Chicken Corbyn spice mix
- 1 lemon
- Fine sea salt
- Olive oil
Now the recipe:
- Salt all sides of the chicken generously with fine sea salt. Put in refrigerator, uncovered, for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Take chicken out 1 hour before cooking so it reaches room temperature. Sprinkle with the spice mix and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut the lemon into thin slices and arrange across the chicken. In a blender, add dates, bread crumbs and rosemary. Pulse to a loose crumble and sprinkle over chicken. Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- You can also use a whole chicken (put a whole lemon sliced in half into the cavity). You can also ask your butcher to cut a whole chicken into pieces. Or use only your favourite parts!
- Serve with potatoes and your favourite veggies.